With the ongoing issues relating to Covid 19 and social distancing OneOcean now offer the RYA Day Skipper Theory Course as a blended course of distance online learning, Zoom/Meets and email instruction. We run this on a 1:1 basis at £450 per person.
If you are interested in this option whilst the uncertainty in the UK then do contact us either by phone or email and we can arrange your course for you.
OneOcean’s RYA Day Skipper Theory Course is a comprehensive introduction to cruising for new and inexperienced skippers.
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. Basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
We are continually updating our courses to take into account developments in technology and the electronic navigation aids now available on most cruising boats.
The course is taught over 40 hours with two exam papers.
Course topics include:
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
Contact us to arrange your course.